The Children’s Developmental Center is offering a 6-week summer Kid Yoga Program, taught by an Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapy Assistant.
Fun-filled activities are designed to teach an awareness of breathe, strength and energy for body awareness and coordination, balance for increased focus, awareness and focus, and meditation and relaxation strategies for self-regulation.
Yoga helps kids to:
- Develop body awareness
- Strengthen core & improve balance
- Manage stress through breathing & movement
- Increase confidence & positive self-image
- Feel part of a non-competitive group
- Strengthen mind-body connection
Classes will be held on Wednesday mornings. PLEASE plan to attend all 6 sessions.
2017 SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
June 21, June 28, July 5, July 12, July 19 & July 26
- Group 1 (ages 5-7): 9:00 – 10:00a kids will sing, dance and play yoga in this energy releasing class
- Group 2 (ages 8-12): 10:30-1130a kids will learn breathing techniques, respect for self and others while practicing fun and challenging poses, partner and group poses and yoga games
Cost = $200
Please dress child in comfortable, athletic clothes
Yoga mats will be provided for use during class
We ask that you be prompt in picking up your child at the end of each session
Registration deadline is June 9th, 2017. Camp fee must be paid by June 9th. Fee is not refundable once classes start.
If CareSource or Medicaid (excluding Molina, Paramount, Buckeye & UnitedHealthcare Community Plan)is your primary health insurance, insurance may cover the cost of the Summer Camp. Medicaid or CareSource as your “secondary” health insurance cannot be used to cover the cost of camp.
A sliding fee scale and financial scholarships may be available, based on family need and availability of funds. Proof of income and prior approval must be made in advance.