Communication And Learning through Motion
Camp CALM is a 6 week summer camp for 3-5 year old children focusing on a sensory approach to speech therapy.
What is a sensory approach to speech therapy?
Research shows that big motor movements help to facilitate the fine motor movements necessary for speech and language development.
Is this a good fit for your child? Answer the following questions:
- Is your child on the go more than other children?
- Is your child afraid of or do they avoid movement activities?
- Does your child have an aversion to touch?
- Does your child want to touch everything and/or put it in his/her mouth?
- Is your child quiet & resistant to entering into activities with other children?
- Is your child a late talker?
- Is it a struggle for your child to get his/her words out?
- Is your child’s speech very hard to understand
- Does your child have problems following multi-step directions?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please register to join us for this camp!
Groups of 8-10 children will be paired with 1 speech therapist and 1 occupational therapist.
The camp will be theme based focusing on a literary work each week.
Our goal is to address the individual speech/language and sensory needs of each child.
Our small group format allows for more individualized attention while still supporting social interaction between the children.
June 22, June 29, July 6, July 13, July 20 & July 27
- Morning Camp CALM – 9:30a to 12noon
- Afternoon Camp CALM – 1:30 to 4:00p
Cost = $300
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The Center will offer this 6 week program for a self pay tuition of $300.
If CareSource or Medicaid (excluding Molina, Paramount, Buckeye & UnitedHealthcare Community Plan)is your primary health insurance, insurance may cover the cost of the Summer Camp. Medicaid or CareSource as your “secondary” health insurance cannot be used to cover the cost of camp.
A sliding fee scale and financial scholarships may be available, based on family need and availability of funds. Proof of income and prior approval must be made in advance.
Registration deadline is June 9, 2017. The camp fee of $300 must be paid in full by Friday, June 10th and is non-refundable once the camp has started.
For more information or to register, please call Jenna at 440.984.2416, today!